26 August 2013

Intervention in Syria

It now seems that the use of chemical weapons by the Assad regime against civilians is highly probable and the next few days may well see a decision by the West to intervene in the country, even without UN agreement (nor should they ask permission of Assad's armourers, the Russian Federation, for this).


My comments in June remain valid in my opinion. 

I am increasingly inclined towards some form of military intervention, although I am not "gung ho" about it (nor should anyone be); there is a possibility that getting involved could make a conflict even worse and there is no guarantee that it will work. I'm an internationalist at heart; I cannot see my country just stand there and ignore this outrage against humanity.

But we have to do it right.
 

No comments: