29 May 2014

Star Citizen - Arena Commander delayed

I'd hoped that Arena Commander, the first fully playable component of Star Citizen, would be released today, but it's been delayed due to the late discovery of some game-breaking bugs that need to be fixed. We've been promised daily updates on the situation, but no further release date yet - I hope it's only a few more days.

While I'm disappointed, I accept that CGI had to do this; they cannot release a broken game on a date they said was "if all goes well" - the bad press would be huge. People can wait a few more days or even a few more weeks... although this said, their ability to keep to planned dates is not their strong suit.

This is a very ambitious project and when it finally comes out, I'm sure it will be worth it. I've spent £20 on worse.

No comments: